What's Your Safety IQ? College launches continuous quality improvement program for community pharmacies - Read moreHERE
Our Vision, Mission and Values
Leader in patient safety by creating the framework for collaborative and innovative patient-centred pharmacy practice.
To protect the health and well-being of the public by ensuring and promoting safe, patient-centred, and progressive pharmacy practice in collaboration with other health-care providers.
The College activities are based on the following values and are the foundation of what we do:
- Integrity: We act with professional, fair and honest conduct
- Respect: We are considerate of the values and needs of others
- Excellence: We strive to be innovative and attain high quality and exemplary performance
- Accountability: We are responsible for our actions in an open and transparent manner
- Collaboration: We strive to include teamwork and partnership
- Life Long Learning: We continue to enhance our knowledge and competency
The college must carry out its activities and govern its members in a manner that serves and protects the public interest.
The Pharmaceutical Act
Strategic Plan for 2018-2021
- Develop a holistic quality assurance strategy that includes:
- Contemporary standards of practice
- Compliance with pharmacy practice standards
- Responsive processes in alignment with the Pharmaceutical Act to effectively and efficiently address and resolve complaints
- Continuous quality improvement
- Build and strengthen strategic relationships with stakeholders
- Evaluate, align and allocate resources (Council, staff, volunteers) to support the execution of the strategic plan
Prioritization of the above strategies is as approved by the College’s Council.