COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccines in Community Pharmacies for Children Five Years of Age and OlderHERE
We hold meetings in the College office Council chambers located at 200 Taché Avenue, Winnipeg MB, and by videoconference.
Meetings begin at 9:00 a.m. and typically end around 4:30 p.m.
There are morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, and a 45-minute break at lunch.
Upcoming Council Meetings
December 10, 2021
February 22, 2022
May 6, 2022
June 17. 2022
September 26, 2022
December 9, 2022
Who Can Attend a Council Meeting?
College Council meetings are open to the public for observation.
If you wish to attend an upcoming meeting, please register with the CPhM Office (Info@cphm.ca ) at least five business days before the meeting date to allow us to confirm your attendance provide you with instructions.
Who Can Speak at Council Meetings?
Participation in the meetings is limited to Council members and staff of the College.
Registrants of the College, the public, representatives of the media, or any other individual cannot speak to issues or ask questions during the business session.
If you have an issue to bring forward for consideration by Council, please contact the Registrar at least 30 days prior to the meeting to make arrangements.
Considerations at Council Meetings
Please respect meeting etiquette by:
- Turning off electronic devices
- Refraining from talking once the meeting is called to order
- Leaving or entering the Council chambers quietly while the meeting is underway, if you must do so
About the Council
Council sets policy and governs the College in the public interest.
The Council of the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba consists of the following members:
- Four licensed pharmacists from Electoral District #1 (City of Winnipeg) are elected from the membership every second year for a two-year term
- Four licensed pharmacists from Electoral District #2 (outside the City of Winnipeg) are elected every second year for a two-year term
- Dean of the College of Pharmacy, ex-officio 1
- Immediate Past President, ex-officio 1
- Five public representatives appointed by the Lieutenant Governor in Council for a two year term which is renewable
- Liaison from the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists (CSHP) -Manitoba Branch, appointed by CSHP-Manitoba Branch
- Liaison from Pharmacists Manitoba (appointed by Pharmacists Manitoba)
- Liaison who is or soon will be a listed pharmacy technician (appointed by Council)
- Liaison from Student Council, College of Pharmacy (appointed by Student Council)
Council members attend five Council meetings each year and serve on statutory and standing committees of the College.
Meetings of Council are open for public observation; there may be times during a meeting when the Council must consider a matter in confidence. Council then passes a motion to rise from a general meeting and convene in a closed session to consider matters related to complaints, investigations, and discipline proceedings, personnel, or other confidential subjects.
If you have any questions regarding Council meetings, please contact the College at email@example.com