Practice Consultant – Policy and Legislation – TERM POSITION
College of Pharmacists of Manitoba, Winnipeg
The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM) was established in 1878 and is the pharmacy regulatory and licensing authority in Manitoba. The legislated mandate of CPhM is to serve and protect the public interest. The College protects the health and well-being of the public by ensuring and promoting safe, ethical care by its registrants.
CPhM is presently in search of an experienced Practice Consultant – Policy and Legislation, to fill a term position. This individual will collaborate closely with colleagues across all divisions of the organization to analyze, develop, and maintain policies, standards, and other guidance items for pharmacy practice.
About the Position:
In the role of Practice Consultant – Policy and Legislation, you will support the analysis, development, implementation, and maintenance of College policies, standards, and by-laws, and provide guidance and expertise to stakeholders on the application of the contents to pharmacy practice.
This position also serves as a key resource in developing and implementing policies, processes and/or programs as identified in the strategic and operational priorities of the College. The individual in this position works closely with colleagues across all divisions of the organization to support core functions related to assessing and monitoring pharmacy operations and systems, professional practice, registration and licensing, and quality improvement.
Your primary duties include:
- Serving as a resource in developing and implementing policies, processes, and programs of the strategic and operational priorities of the College
- Supporting core functions related to assessing and monitoring pharmacy registration and licence processes and quality improvement
- Serving as liaison to the Office of the Medical Examiner to review files and develop appropriate responses, based on the file content.
The best in this role will have extensive knowledge of the CPhM legislative framework and bring forward issues in a synthesized, integrated manner that provides a clear path to achieve the goals of the College. The successful candidate will communicate effectively with various stakeholder groups, both in-person and through various communication technologies to analyse and solve problems skillfully.
Working at the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba
This is a full-time, term position, Monday to Friday, based on a 37.5 – hour workweek; the start and length of term depends on the successful candidate’s availability and will be negotiated. There may be potential to extend the term beyond the initial duration.
Rare requirement to work outside regular business hours, Monday – Friday, for travel, special meetings, and events. The work model includes a hybrid of remote and onsite work.
Salary range is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CPhM staff is a small team working in a friendly, highly collaborative environment. Staff are bound closely by a commitment to serving the public interest and have shared values of integrity, respect, accountability, and lifelong learning.
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Licensed registrant of the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba or eligible to be registered and licenced in Manitoba
- Advanced knowledge of Administrative Law and regulation of self-governing professionals
- Advanced knowledge of pharmacy-related legislation and ability to interpret and apply knowledge
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including professional English writing skills, with experience preparing external communications (letters, reports, data analysis)
Assets to application include:
- Five or more years of pharmacy-practice experience in Canada
- Experience working in a health regulatory environment, interpreting, and applying legislation
How to Apply
To apply, or for more information, please contact Lori McKietiuk, Director of Operations (LMcKietiuk@cphm.ca).
The College values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Position posting open until filled