Unsupported Claims for the Use of Ivermectin in the Prevention or Treatment of COVID-19 - Read more


Maintaining Your Registration

Each year, pharmacists and pharmacy technicians must apply for registration with the College.

Pharmacists Currently Registered
and Licensed With the College

Female pharmacist examining medication in front of a row of shelvesPharmacists practicing in Manitoba must be registered and licensed with the College. The College licensing year is January 1 to December 31 and licences are renewed annually.

To be eligible for licence renewal, you must

  • meet requirements for continuing professional development;
  • practice for a minimum of 600 hours in the previous three-year period;
  • retain professional liability insurance providing a minimum of $2,000,000 per claim or per occurrence and a minimum $4,000,000 annual aggregate; and
  • have a current Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search) and Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks. After initial registration and licensing with the College, these record and registry checks must be updated every five years.

How do I know if my Criminal Record and Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks are current?

You can see the expiry date of your criminal record and abuse registry checks by following these steps:

  1. Click the Registrant Login button at the top of this page.
  2. On the member home page, click “View My Profile.”
  3. Scroll down to “Record and Registry Checks Expiry Dates.” The dates listed indicate when your criminal record check and abuse registry checks expire.

Letters of Standing

If you require a letter of standing, please email the Registration Officer at brobinson@cphm.ca and supply the following:

  • Your name
  • Your home address
  • The name and address of the organization you would like the letter to be mailed

There is a cost associated with this service. Once the College confirms your email address, we will let you know your payment options.

Fees for 2021

College Council approves the licensing fees associated with the various licence categories on a yearly basis. See the College licensing fees for 2021 in the chart below. You can also find application fees on all licence application forms. The 2021 fee schedule is located here.

All fees are non-refundable.

Name Change

If you have changed your name, you must forward a copy of the marriage/divorce/name change certificate to the College, to brobinson@cphm.ca to update your registrant profile, and an updated licence will then be available.

Changing Your Status From Non-practicing to Practicing

If you are currently a non-practicing member and are returning to active practice, please log in to your member profile, click on the link for the Non-practicing to Practicing application form, and proceed with the renewal.

Registration As an Extended Practice Pharmacist

The Application for Registration as an Extended Practice Pharmacist is now available and includes all application details. Please direct any questions to info@cphm.ca .

Pharmacy Technicians Currently Listed With the College

Pharmacy technicians practicing in Manitoba must be listed with the College. The practice year is June 1 to May 31 and you must renew your listing on an annual basis. To be eligible for re-listing, you must meet requirements for continuing competency, practice for a minimum of 600 hours in the previous three years, and have participated in the pharmacy manager’s (or delegate’s) performance review at your practice site at minimum every two years.

The performance review includes documentation of hours worked as a pharmacy technician; an assessment of job performance related to patient care, administrative skills, and the ability to work consistently within the rules governing the pharmacy and pharmacy practice; and, documentation of attaining the Council’s approved professional development requirement.

For more information, review the Pharmacy Technician Resource Guide.

Pharmacy Technician Final Check Application (Fillable PDF)

For a fillable PDF version of the Pharmacy Technician Final Check Application, please email bdelaquis@cphm.ca with the subject line “Pharmacy Technician Final Check Application.”

The PDF will be emailed to you with instructions on opening, filling out, and submitting it to the College.