The primary purpose of the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (College) internship is to prepare graduates for pharmacy practice in a professional setting. The internship acts as a bridge between academic and applied pharmacy. A College Council approved preceptor educates an intern on pharmacy practice through a process of explanation, repetitive practice, and constructive feedback.
The College Internship Manual is based on the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) Professional Competencies for Canadian Pharmacists at Entry to Practice and Model Standards of Practice for Canadian Pharmacists.
Graduates educated in Manitoba, or internationally, must complete an internship that fulfills the learning and evaluation requirements outlined in the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba Internship Manual.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants who are required to complete an internship must have approval from the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba before they begin. Please click on the link that best describes your status for more information:
- If you are a first-year student at the University of Manitoba, please visit
- If you are a fourth-year student at the University of Manitoba, please visit
- If you are a graduate from a University from Outside Canada, please visit
- If you graduated from a Canadian Province other that Manitoba and want to complete your internship in Manitoba, please contact the College office.
For additional information on internship requirements, please see
- Frequently Asked Questions: Interns and Preceptors; or
- College of Pharmacists of Manitoba Internship Manual.
For additional information on the practice and regulation of pharmacy in Manitoba, please review the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba Guide to Pharmacy Practice.