National Drug Schedules: Final Recommendations for Topical Diclofenac Diethylamine
The following interim recommendations made by the National Drug Scheduling Advisory Committee (NDSAC) were finalized effective July 26, 2022:
- Diclofenac diethylamine — for human use — when sold as a single medicinal ingredient for topical use on the skin in concentrations greater than 1.16% and less than or equal to 2.32% for not more than seven days – in package sizes containing greater than 2.6g of diclofenac diethylamine be granted Schedule III status.
- Diclofenac diethylamine — for human use — when sold as a single medicinal ingredient for topical use on the skin in concentrations greater than 1.16% and less than or equal to 2.32% for not more than seven days – in package sizes containing no more than 2.6g of diclofenac diethylamine be granted Unscheduled status.
- Diclofenac diethylamine — for human use — when sold as a single medicinal ingredient for topical use on the skin in concentrations of not more than 1.16% for not more than seven days remain Unscheduled.
The NAPRA National Drug Schedules will be revised accordingly.
CCCEP Article – Meeting Career Demands Through Continuing Education
The Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) recently published an article titled, Today’s Pharmacy Professional – Meeting Career Demands Through Continuing Education.
This is the first article in a series about the value of high-quality continuing education for pharmacy professionals, the difference it can make to their practice and careers, and the role accreditation can play in ensuring the quality of continuing education.
To read the full article, click here.
Save the Date for the 2022 Medical Examiner Professional Development Event
CPhM is pleased to announce its fourth annual Medical Examiner Professional Development event.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 4, 2022, from 7:00 to 8:45 p.m.
- Talia Carter MOT, BSc, O.T. Reg. (MB), Prescribing Practices Program Coordinator, The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Manitoba
- Mike Sloan, B.Sc. (Pharm), Pharmacy Manager
ACCREDITATION: This CPhM program can be claimed for up to 1.5 accredited CEUs in the online Professional Development Log.
The event will be held virtually and is free to attend for pharmacists and pharmacy staff.
The event title, learning objectives, and registration link will be provided closer to the event date.
Career Opportunity: Practice Consultant – Policy and Legislation, TERM POSITION
The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba is presently in search of a Practice Consultant – Policy and Legislation to fill a term position. This individual will collaborate closely with colleagues across all divisions of the organization to analyze, develop, and maintain policies, standards, and other guidance items for pharmacy practice.
This is a full-time, term position, Monday to Friday, based on a 37.5 – hour work week. Start and length of term to be negotiated, based on successful candidate’s availability.
For a complete description of the duties, qualifications, and required attributes for this position and to apply, view the on-line posting: https://www.fitzii.com/apply/69847?s=fc
Applications will be reviewed from all sources as received until the position is filled.
The College values diversity and inclusion and encourages all qualified people to apply.
Manitoba Health Pediatric Vaccine Eligibility Update
Manitoba Health expanded the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility to include all children aged six months to four years, effective August 5, 2022.
Please see the August 4, 2022, Public Health Memo for further information and guidance on vaccine eligibility. Pharmacists are reminded to actively check the Manitoba Heath COVID-19 information page for updates: https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/eligibility-criteria.html
Upcoming Events & Professional Development Opportunities
Targeting Isolation Pharmacy Survey
Click here to participate in a University of Manitoba, research study entitled Reducing social isolation and loneliness among older adults.
Mental Health First Aid Standard (Virtual) Certification Courses
See website for dates and registration information. Please note this is a non-accredited learning activity.
ISMP Incident Analysis and Proactive Risk Assessment for Health Care Practitioners and Patient/Family Advisors
September 29-30, October 22-23, November 24-25, and December 8-9, 2022
ISMP MedRec and BPMH Training for Health Care Professionals
September 23 and November 18, 2022
Medication Safety Considerations for Compliance Packaging
Preventing and Analyzing Medication Errors