CPhM welcomes stakeholder feedback, including registrants and the public, on draft practice direction changes - Read MoreHERE
The professional development (PD) requirement for pharmacy technicians is a minimum of 15 hours of learning activities completed between June 1 and May 31 of each year. Of these 15 hours, a minimum of five hours must be from accredited learning activities and the remaining 10 hours can be fulfilled by either accredited or non-accredited learning activities.
Pharmacy technicians can complete learning activities accredited for pharmacists and claim it as accredited learning, but must always stay within their scope of practice while performing their duties at a pharmacy.
For convenience in maintaining professional development records, the College has provided a PD Log for Pharmacy Technicians template (in Word form) that pharmacy technicians may use.
For a selection of PD options for pharmacy technicians, please visit the Learning Activities page.
Recognized Accrediting Bodies
The College recognizes learning that has been accredited or provided by the following organizations:
- The College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM)
- The Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP)
- Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
- The American Medical Association (AMA)
- The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (MOCOMP)
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada (Mainpro)
- Canadian University that provides continuing professional development/courses relevant to pharmacy practice
Accredited Learning Activities
All practicing pharmacists and pharmacy technicians in Manitoba must maintain a log that documents their professional development activities. Access learning opportunities and familiarize yourself with this licensing requirement.Learn more
Annual Listing Renewal
Pharmacy technicians must renew their listing with the College annually to demonstrate that they remain competent and have met the renewal requirements to practice in Manitoba.Learn more