Tramadol Prescribing, Dispensing, and Record Keeping Changes Effective March 31, 2022 - Read More


University of Manitoba Students

First year students of the University of Manitoba must register with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba. The registration process includes various steps depending on the type of registration you are seeking.

For Students Entering the University of Manitoba

Students raising their hands in a classroom.As a student in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Manitoba, you must register with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba when entering your first year of study. Once the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba accepts your application, we will add your name to the Student Register.

Your application for student registration must include the following:

  • A notarized passport-style photograph
  • A notarized copy of your birth certificate
  • A written statement witnessed by the University of Manitoba College of Pharmacy Dean, or delegate
  • A non-refundable fee

For more details on the various elements of student registration with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba, review the application form.

Once registered with the College, the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba Council President will send you a letter of welcome and a membership card. You will also get regular communications from the College including the bi-weekly Friday Five and quarterly newsletter.

Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience

The Experiential Education curriculum for the PharmD program at the College of Pharmacy consists of two 4-week Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experiences (IPPEs) in community and hospital pharmacy practice settings. These IPPE rotations occur in the second year of the program.

Please see the Pharmacy Student and Intern Rotations Resource for additional information.


International pharmacy graduates and students/graduates of the University of Manitoba complete internships to support experiential learning and the registration and licensing process.

Learn more

Jurisprudence Examination

Jurisprudence exams are a mandatory step to licensure in Manitoba.

Learn more