New Amendments to the Manitoba Pharmaceutical Regulation Approved and In Effect - Read More


Pharmacists From Inside of Canada

If you are a pharmacist currently licensed in another jurisdiction in Canada, you are eligible for registration and licensure with the College in accordance with the Mobility Agreement for Canadian Pharmacists.

How to Register From Another Jurisdiction Within Canada

Use the step-by-step process below to guide you through the registration and licensure application process. Be sure to click on and read through each step.

If you have any questions about the process below, contact the Registration Officer by email at If you were licensed in Manitoba previously, the Registration Officer can also assist you with the re-licensing process.

Step 1: Submit Your Application to the College

Complete the Application Registration Initial Licence Mobility Agreement and submit your application to the College.

Please see Step Two for additional information on supporting documents.

Step 2: Submit Supporting Documents to the College

Provide the following documentation to the College along with your application and allow 2-3 weeks for CPhM to review:

  • Registration Fee

  • Notarized Documents

    You must get all of the following documents notarized by a notary public in Canada:

    1. An original passport size and style photograph placed on white paper for the notary public to sign and seal. See an example.
    2. A copy of your birth certificate. If the name on your application is not the same as the name on your birth certificate, you must include a notarized copy of a name change certificate. If your birth certificate or name change certificate is not in English, you must have these documents translated by a certified translator. See the How to Submit Translated Documents instructions for guidance.
    3. A notarized statement of registration background and disclosures. Use the Notarized Statement Template.
  • Letter of Standing

    A Letter of Standing, sent directly to CPhM from other Canadian pharmacy regulators where you are currently licensed and where you have previously held a licence, if applicable.  

  • Letter From Your Employer

    A signed letter from your employer saying you have supervised or practiced at least 600 hours in the three-year period immediately before the date of application.

  • Your application to the College to practice as a pharmacy student or intern, pharmacy technician, or pharmacist must include a

    • Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search;
    • Adult Abuse Registry Check; and
    • Child Abuse Registry Check.

    These Checks must be dated within six months prior to licensure with the College.

    The name you list on your Checks must match your name on other application documents, exactly. If it is impossible to match your names exactly, all variations of your name used on your application documents must be listed as aliases on the Checks.

    What is a Criminal Record Check?

    A Criminal Record Check (sometimes called a police record check) indicates if you have been charged with or convicted of a crime. Your Criminal Record Check must be performed by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) or another Canadian police service, which confirms the check was completed using Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) and based on the National Repository of Criminal Records of Canada.

    What is a Vulnerable Sector Search?

    A Vulnerable Sector Search is an additional police information search to see if a person has a record suspension (pardon) for sexual offences.

    How do I Submit a Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Search to the College?

    Outside of British Columbia (BC), a Vulnerable Sector Search must be conducted by the local police service where you live. Within BC, vulnerable sector checks can be conducted by the local police or the British Columbia Criminal Records Review Program.

    If you live in Winnipeg and you have been a resident of Canada for at least one year, you can complete your Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Search online through the Winnipeg Police Service (WPS) electronic Police Information Check online system (ePIC):

    When you apply for a criminal record check from the WPS, you must select the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba (CPhM) as an agent. To share your criminal record check  result with CPhM, you must

    • login to your ePIC account when the result is available;
    • select the document and click the ‘SHARE’ button; and
    • type ‘College of Pharmacists of Manitoba’ in the agency search field and click the ‘SHARE RESULTS’ button.

    Once these steps are complete, the ePIC system will notify CPhM that the result is available and CPhM will download an electronic version of the report directly from ePIC. You are not required to send a copy to the CPhM office.

    If you live in a rural community in Manitoba with a local police service, you may apply for a Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search through your local detachment. Some examples include the Brandon Police Service, Altona Police Service, or Winkler Police Service.

    If you live outside Winnipeg or outside of Manitoba, you can complete your Criminal Record Check with the RCMP or your local police service, but your Vulnerable Sector Search must be completed by the police service where you live.

    What are the Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks?

    The Adult Abuse Registry lists people who have abused or neglected a vulnerable adult such as a person with a disability. For more information, visit

    The Child Abuse Registry lists people who have abused or neglected children. For more information, visit

    How Do I Submit the Adult and Child Abuse Registry Checks to the College?

    You must apply directly to the Adult Abuse Registry and Child Abuse Registry to obtain these checks. The Checks cannot be forwarded to a third-party. Please submit your original Checks with your application.

Step 3: Registrar's Review of Your Application

The Registrar or designate will review your application and the accompanying documents listed in Step 2. Once your file is approved, you will be eligible to write the jurisprudence examination.

Step 4: Successfully Complete the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Modules and Jurisprudence Exam

Before CPhM can schedule you to write the Jurisprudence Examination (JP Exam), you must complete the Pharmacy Jurisprudence Modules. The modules are hosted by the University of Manitoba (U of M) Continuing Professional Development (CPD) website and you can complete them at any time. 

Registration for the Modules:

Cost: $100 (payable to U of M CPD)

Estimated time to complete: 12 – 15 hours

The JP Exam is offered remotely once per month by the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba. For additional information about the modules and JP Exam, please visit the Jurisprudence Examination page.

Step 5: Board of Examiners Review of Your Application

Once you meet all of the requirements listed in Steps 1-4, the Board of Examiners will review your application for approval. Please allow 3-4 weeks for the review. Once the application is approved, CPhM will process your licence.

University of Manitoba Students

First year students of the University of Manitoba must register with the College of Pharmacists of Manitoba. The registration process includes various steps depending on the type of registration you are seeking.

Learn more


International pharmacy graduates and students/graduates of the University of Manitoba complete internships to support experiential learning and the registration and licensing process.

Learn more